Solve it once LLC is seeking a business relationship with one or more freelance copywriters for 1099-based copywriting work on an as-needed basis. This is fully remote work, though we’d love to meet up occasionally with any freelance partners local to Detroit.
An ideal candidate for this role:
- Thrives writing for the web: frequent headings, bullet lists, simple phrasing, and clear communication
- Likes the idea of writing generalized micro-copy, so you don’t have to change it for every site
- Avoids ‘coy’ and other self-defeating brand strategies when practicing branded mood/tone
- Embraces language evolution and takes a descriptivist rather than prescriptivist bent
- Wants to do some ambitious writing and take some risks
- Is excited to try out LLMs/AI/GPT as outlining and rough-drafting tools
- Is able to attend meetings from time to time, usually during business hours in the Eastern US time zone
- Believes a rising tide lifts all boats, and wants Solve it once to succeed as much as we want you to succeed
The full gamut of responsibilities will be as varied as our client base, but we anticipate asking you for the following regularly:
- Generalized copy for our development kits that could apply to any site
- Specific page, article, product, and other copy for individual client sites
- Style, tone, mood, and other refinements to client brand guidelines
- Captions and other asset-adjacent collaboration with a graphic designer
- Proofreading and refinement of existing sites
- Writing for Solve it once marketing and that of our clients
- Suggestions for other services that can provide client value and expand our offering
Expected rate and volume
It’s negotiable and based on level of experience, but currently we’d expect around $70 USD per hour, invoiced monthly. At present it’s unknown how many hours per month to plan for us to send your way, but a big priority would be to communicate early and often about our incoming opportunities and your availability.
The so1ve product offering is an evolving organism, and an opportunity exists to begin doing work on an hourly basis, but to later pivot toward a fixed-fee product offering alongside Solve it once’s development services.